Chad Ulven presented on CSMS research related to his work with flax and hemp fibers at the 3rd International Conference on Composites, Biocomposites and Nanocomposites held November 7-9, 2018 in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Using natural fibers is environmentally-friendly and using natural fibers from North Dakota crops is a value add-on for the rural economy in North Dakota.
Read more about Ulven’s presentation and research at NDSU News
Publications related to Ulven’s research can be found on the CSMS Publications page. Here are just a few:
- Long-term behavior of bio-composites for structural applications | 2016 Composites and Advanced Materials Expo (CAMX); DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.33964.87682
- Pretreatment of Wheat Bran for Suitable Reinforcement in Biocomposite | Journal of Renewable Materials; DOI: 10.7569/JRM.2017.634133
- Standard Density Measurement Method Development for Flax Fiber | Industrial Crops and Products; DOI: 10.1016/j.indcrop.2016.11.060
- Selection, Pretreatment, and Use of Wheat Bran for Making Thermoplastic Composite | 2017 ASABE; DOI: 10.13031/aim.201701090
- The potential of natural composite materials in structural design | Sustainable Composites for Aerospace Applications; DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-08-102131-6.00013-X